Kids Corner of Caledonia
Child Care Learning Program, LLC
Where Children Learn, Play and Grow Together
Frequently Asked Questions
Q:What are the program hours?
Kids Corner is open Monday - Friday from 6:30am - 6:00pm

Q:What ages does the program serve?
6 weeks - 12 years 

Q:Is the Kids Corner Learning Program licensed?
Kids Corner is licensed by the State of Minnesota Department of Human Services, Division of Licensing. We currently licensed for 99 children which includes the following licensed capacities: 
16 Infants
21 Toddlers
32 Preschool
30 School Age 

Q: What are the qualifications of your teachers?
All of our teachers meet the Minnesota Department of Human Services, Division of Licensing requirements established for licensed child care centers regarding staff and teacher requirements.  The majority of our teachers have an Education Degree as well as several of our assistant teachers and child care aides.

Q: Do you do background checks on your staff?
All staff and volunteers must complete a background check prior to providing child care services to children at our program.

Q: Does you center close for any holidays during the year?
Kids Corner of Caledonia only closes on Holidays, which include the following:

•New Year’s Day
•Memorial Day
•Independence Day and July 5
•Labor Day
•Thanksgiving and the Friday following Thanksgiving
•Christmas Eve
•Christmas Day

If these holidays fall on a weekend day, Kids Corner of Caledonia will not close on another day during the week.  There is no charge for holidays.

Q: When is a child too ill to be at daycare?  
In accordance with State law Kids Corner of Caledonia may not allow ill children to be at the program. Kids Corner of Caledonia does not allow children to attend if they exhibit any of the following characteristics:

  • A fever of 100 degrees or higher
  • Vomiting
  • 2 loose bowel movements in a 24 hour period
  • Unusual and spreading rash anywhere on the child’s body
  • Lethargic behavior preventing the child from participating in the day’s normal activities
  • Signs of respiratory distress

Q: When can my child return to daycare after being sent home ill?
After your child is symptom free and fever free without fever reducing medicine for 24 hours, he/she may return to daycare.

Q: What if I am planning a family vacation and know, in advance, my child will not be attending; do I pay for planned vacation and/or sick leave?
Each child has 6 free days that can be used throughout the year for either vacation or sick days.  After the free days are used each family will be charged according to their contract.  Contracts are renewed each October where a new 6 free days are issued to each child.  The free days can not be carried over from one contract year to another contract year.  

If you are planning to be gone it is best to give advanced to notice to your child's classroom teacher.

Q: Can I get in contact with my child’s teacher during the day?
Parents may call the program at anytime throughout the day to get in touch a child's teacher or the director.  

Q: Do you provide meals for my child?
Kids Corner of Caledonia participates in the Minnesota Department of Education Child and Adult Care Food Program, which requires our program to follow meal patterns and requirements established by the State of Minnesota.  Children will recieve breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack.

Child and Adult Care Food Program
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email: 
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Q: Will you provide meals for my baby?
Infants also participate in the Food Program and must follow meal patterns and requirements based on the age of the infant.  Parents who choose to breastfeed their child may bring a fresh or frozen supply of milk to the center or parents who choose to formula feed their child can choose to use the center formula provided or bring their own.  Once the child establishes mature eating habits, such as cereal and baby food, this is provided by Kids Corner of Caledonia.

Q: What if I want to supply my child’s food?
Parents do have the option to supply the child's food, however must deny food program participation, which means the child will not be allowed to have any meals provided by our program.

Q: My child is allergic to some of the items on your menu. What can I do?
Children with a food allergy must have a Special Diet Statement completed by thier doctor and our program will make the necessary changes to accomadate the needs of your child.

Q: Who provides diapers for my child?
Parents must provide a supply of diapers, wipes, diaper cream, extra sets of clothing and a Ziploc bag with their child's name. 

Q: Is there a discount if I have more than one child?
 Families that have two or more children enrolled full time recieve a 10% discount applied to each weekly bill, which is equal to 2 weeks of free daycare per year.

Q: Can I pay my daycare bill by credit card?
Kids Corner of Caledonia participates in the Tuition Express Program and does accept credit and debit cards.

Q: Can I visit my child during the day?
Parents and other family members are welcome to attend the program or visit at anytime.

Q: Do you have a playground?
A fenced in playground area is available for outdoor activity time for children in attendance at our program.  The playground offers a variety of activities for all ages.

Q: Where do the children play when it rains or is too cold to go outside?
Classroom sizes at Kids Corner of Caledonia are large and spacious, which offers an indoor play area during wet and cold weather.  Children participate in games and recreational activities that are safe for indoor play yet promote physical activity and recreational play.