Kids Corner of Caledonia
Child Care Learning Program, LLC
Where Children Learn, Play and Grow Together
School Age Learning Program
The School Age Learning Program offers care to children ages 5-12 years in an environment that takes into consideration the unique needs of this special group. Whether children are doing a creative art project, homework or playing with friends, our teachers create a fun environment for school-agers that challenges creativity and provides a social/recreational outlet for the school age child.
- Our School Age Learning Program focuses on helping children develop and practice critical-thinking skills as they engage in a variety of projects and build a deeper knowledge about topics of interest to your child.
- Children at this age place a high importance on peer relationships, so a large portion of the curriculum is dedicated to working in small groups and developing teamwork skills. The schedule also includes group meeting time, outdoor physical activities, homework time and indoor activity time
- Our School Age Learning Program offers care before and after school, on non-school days, early release days, winter weather days and during the summer months
- Our program provides transportation to and from school during the school year
- We expand services in the summer to accomdate the needs of school age recreational activities by providing transportation to and from such activities
- Throughout the school year we offer homework assistance during afterschool hours and emphasize the importance of education before play
- Our teachers plan age appropriate activities to engage children in learning through art, music, games and play to create a different learning environment from the school day
- Our Summer Program offers stimulating activities, educational opportunities and outside classroom connections through field trips and special activities